Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Flagler Avenue Pizza, New Smyrna Beach

I tried this Italian walk up on Monday. Most of the sit down restaurants took the holiday off. I saw them on Saturday and the pies looked pathetic. Old. Congealed. I'm not sure if those were made in advance in anticipation of a holiday rush and are not the norm. However, the ones on Monday looked better. I just had a cheese for $3. It was good. I was scared when I saw how thick and crusty it was (it couldn't be folded), but, I liked it. The cheese was good. The sauce was unadulterated. They serve all the usual Italian fare. Even some pasta. It is small, so, it was full. Lots of teens. The place looks new and shiny. It has a big, welcoming open feel. They opened just seven months ago. I didn't see it the last time I was in town last year. I think that was November, so, that sounds right. It is on Flagler Ave across from the Shuffleboard courts. Not bad.

No comments: