Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Keke's, Winter Park

I had lunch at this breakfast cafe (closes at 2:30pm) on Fairbanks today. I had a breakfast combo of one pancake, 2 eggs and 4 sausage links for $8.50. The pancake was pretty big. I don't like pancakes so I won't comment on its quality. The eggs were poached. They came formed like two fake breasts and were a little overdone. I'm not sure what cooking method they employed to get that shape, but, I used to have a contraption that you put in a microwave to similiar effect. The links were well done. I can't say I'd go back. The whole menu is structured to walk you up in price. It's kind of pricy for the food and hipster doofus appeal. Any diner will do just as well or better for half the price. The place is dull (even after the makeover). It's all booths in one open room. It seats about 100. The service was fine. Although, can we all inform the wait staff that when we ask if we can get X - we are not asking if we can get it - we know we can get it if we pay extra - we want to know if we can get it at that price. I also didn't like the $2+ sodas. Are you asking for people to ask for water?

No comments: