Wednesday, June 5, 2013

World Gourmet, Altamonte Springs

Here comes the dreaded "day of" review. The one that means that they disppointed me so badly that I couldn't keep myself from reporting on it immediately. I had lunch at this buffet house on 436 (in the old Sam Seltzer's location) today. The buffet cost $8. It was, at best, like every other mediocre buffet option in town and, at worst, really off putting. I had some mediocre sushi, chicken fingers, a deplorable butter salmon and one greasy salt baked shrimp (or larvae). The sushi was mostly scraps and fake crab. They didn't replenish it the whole time I was there and it needed to be. The selection was sparse to begin with. The salmon tasted rank and was hard as a rock. Lord knows how many days it had been there. The butter sauce tasted like a sweet and sour sauce. I had one bite and quit. The salt baked shrimp was tiny. Not as small as the freeze dried shrimp I feed my fish, but, close enough. It had to be frozen and straight out of the freezer aisle in a hypermarket. The chicken fingers were the high light. That's all you need to know. Even the plastic wrapped, fortune cookies were stale. The inside is spartan and dingy. Little money went into the refurb. They must have spent half their budget on the sign outside. It's the only decent thing they have brought to the area. Avoid.

No comments: