Saturday, November 12, 2022

Grub Crawl - Winter Garden: The Whole Enchilada, Way Chocolate & Coffee, Sweetland Cake & Tea, Daniel's Cheesesteak House

I tried these places at lunch on Monday. The first three are on Plant St downtown. The last is on E Plant a few blocks away in a bodega. I am going to give another spot it's own post in a few days. Also saw a new place called Mangoni. Sweet Dee's not open until Th. It's funny. My views have gone up again since Elon Musk became a competitor again. Either Google is playing games or you just can't quit me. Maybe time to take my free content to Twitter? What do you say Google Gestapo? Am I finally going to be off the naughty list?

The Whole Enchilada - They have other posts in Oakland Park and Ft L and Plantion or Plant City. Reminded me of Latitudes DT. More of a bar. Patio. Roof deck. All brown wood. Order at a counter. Typical Mex options. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas. I grabbed a Bob chicken burrito to go for $10. Had guac and sour cream and beans and rice. Ok. Grilled chicken. But had freezer burn. Guac was cheap kind of avocado. Spongy salsa. Chips side. They wanted $3 for a Coke. I ain't paying no 300 cents for no Coke. Open for 5 years per them. Seems more like more like 2 to me. Ok fast casual quality in a better atmosphere. Prob way better with booze in you.

Way Chocolate & Coffee - Was another similar place before. Kirwins? They said it was a Brazilian family. Now drinks and pastry and dipped chocolate. I spent my 300 cents here on a chilled Amercano because it was the cheapest thing and I needed a drink still and I have to buy something to write about. It was fine. Open 4 years per them.

Sweetland Cake & Tea - Near the covered public space one block in. Behind Mangoni  An Asian fusion drinks and pastry place. I tried a spice cupcake for $3. Tiny. Fine. $7 drinks. $6 - $9 cakes. Samurai ice bowls. Hokkaido ice cream cake. Cute. Open 4 months. Trumaine St.

Daniel's Cheesesteak House - Read of them and Sweet Dave's in Edible magazine. Open 30+ years. Latin owners. Had Best of signs. Wings too. Grabbed a cs for $10. Short roll. Ok. Stuffed. I asked for only onions. Thought cheese was presumed. Nope. Still good. Good quality beef. Not overcooked. Thin. Open 9 to 7. 978 E Plant St. Mostly crackers eating there. I must be the last to know. They had some fun bodega items like Rap Chips and candy versions of those 99 cent Arizona ice teas. I think they do a bigger sized cs too. Took a while. Nice staff.

No comments: