Sunday, August 9, 2009

Limoncello's, Sanford - Closed

On Monday I ate at this quasi-Italian restaurant on that little island in Sanford. It's in the old Oscar's localtion and retains most of its elements (except for new photos of Italian-Americans on the wall). I had their lunch buffet because I wanted to sample as much of their fare as possible. It ran $9.95. They had a salad bar. Not huge and mostly iceberg but acceptable. They had corn chowder (better than the porridge they serve at Panera's). They had roast chicken. It was flavored with a rub that reminded me of Old Bay and was dry (but I like it that way). They had ziti in a tomato sauce baked with mozzerella. They had farfalle in a cream sauce. They had sauteed squash and zucchini (a little greasy). They had really fried hashbrowny potatos. They even fired up a pizza for me. It wasn't half bad. Unfortunately, for them there were only 3 others eating dining when I was there. I think they had some take out orders, but, a not half bad buffet was probably ignored. If you going to eat in Sanford, I have to believe this is the best value. They have most of Oscar's old dishes and many Italian staples. The view is killer. The service was great (she was even doing windows while I was there). The place is clean. The decor is above average. It mostly wood with fish tanks thrown in. It seats about 60 and has an outdoor deck. For 10 bucks it beats the 2 pieces of mis-cut salmon sushi and beer I had at Fish Bones on Friday.

No comments: