Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lechonera El Barrio, 436

I had lunch at this Puerto Rican restaurant on 436 south of 50 this Sunday. I had a Tripleta for $6. It is a Cuban style pressed sandwich with brisket and mayo and catsup. It was PHENOMENAL. I'm doing that thing that Italians do when they press their fingers together and put them to their mouth and kiss them. I recommend eating the contents in stages. If you eat it as one, the flavors get lost. The brisket was perfectly cooked. It had no fat or cartilage. It had great flavor. Same with the pulled pork. I then ate the remainder as a ham sandwich. Very filling and incredibly tasty. The place is narrow. It seats about 30. It has a glass window facing the street. It's not much to look at. However, the food was great. They have a ton of Latin American dishes that you can mix and match in a combo for $4 for a small and $7 for a large. I got there late so it wasn't packed, but, it looked like it had been full. I highly recommend it.

No comments: