Monday, November 5, 2012

Westgate Smokehouse Grill, Turkey Lake

I had dinner at this barbeque restaurant at the Westgate Resort on Turkey Lake Rd (paralleling 1-4 South after you turn onto it from Sand Lake) on Saturday. I had a beef brisket sandwich for $11. I chose this to compare the brisket I had for lunch and because the skunk haired, trailer possum hostess tried to seat me in every worst seat in the place. It wasn't full. FYI - everything else on the menu is more expensive. The brisket and the baguette it came on was surprisingly good. They did slather on too much (any) mayo. It was a huge portion. It was a little fatty. It was cooked properly. It came with good mashed potatoes. I think they pre-mixed them with sour cream. Unfortunately, something didn't agree with me later on that night. I didn't get a full case of food poisoning or unending Hershey-squirts, but, it would have been a problem if it had been a late night out on the town. I can't say emphatically that this meal had anything to do with it (it could have been the sale priced Swanson TV dinner from Friday night), but, the timing was incriminating. Maybe the skank hostess had words with the kitchen and I got the secret sauce. The place itself is tacky. It looks like it was constructed for a Mexican restaurant and then they tried to shoehorn in some Western motifs. They have arcade games in the back for Christ's sake. It's, solely, a spot for hotel guests. I wouldn't seek it out. They advertise in a popular, free culinary-themed magazine. It should not get legitimacy through association. They guy next to me complained about his meal, but, the guy behind him was effusive.

No comments: