Friday, February 21, 2014

Chavo, Lake Mary - Closed

I tried to have dinner at this new Mexican restaurant in the strip mall that has Moe's tonight. They were too full of themselves to allot a table (in an empty restaurant at 6 pm) to me. They said they were all reserved. Even if they were, I would have been out the door before they were needed. I was there only out curiosity/pity. I christen them the new Finesse. Another short lived failure. They have already changed chefs. The menu is sparse. The need (Mexican) is over serviced. I predict that they will be out of business by summer. Their only safety net is the depth of the pockets that their "Whitewood" overseers may have at their disposal. Lake Mary may have the most delusional ownership groups in any town in Central Florida. Nowhere are there so many mediocre options that think they are top notch. It's a cauldron of delusion. I predict that this ownership group will find their foray into the area unsuccessful. I like Whitewood, but, it is also empty every time I go there.

While we are on the subject, I resisted lambasting a place called 46 on 46 near I4 in the past. I was just going to let that disappointment slide by forgoing a review. It is also a joke. The place attracts a "hood" element and they misrepresent the prices of things. I would also like to take this opportunity to reaffirm my displeasure with another Lake Mary entity that has somehow managed to persist - The Vineyard.

* I just read a review in the Orlando Weekly. They panned it, so, I guess my apprehension was merited.

No comments: