Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Grub Crawl - Downtown: Taco 68 and Ruby's

I ate this places downtown on Sunday afternoon. Did you know that the parking (at meters) is free on Sunday?

Taco 68 - The Basement on Pine opened this around a year ago and they are down to two days (T for dinner and Sn after noon). I had the Court Avenue which was listed as steak for $9. It was brisket. The meat was plentiful, but, bland. They give you two soft tacos. They dress them with raw jalapeno slices, onions, cilantro and an avocado cream. They also serve it with a side of salsa and chips. That puts it past the penny pinchers at Chipotle. They also do a chicken, shrimp and a few pulled pork tacos. The apps are nachos, salsa, wings and waffle fries.

Ruby's - This place on Orange and Central was Whitewood or Fire or something then Baba's and now (four months) this. Still a Middle Eastern menu throughout. I grabbed an arayes with beef because I think I had never had one. It was ground beef on a pita. It was supposed to come with tzatziki, but, it was forgotten about. That hurt. It was ok. No real flavor. It cost $7. Nothing life changing going on here. At least they don't serve pre-formed gyro patties.

The only new things downtown were some taco restaurants that I will dispatch with soon. I walked to the soccer stadium. It looks hastily built on the outside. Already looks run down and cheap. A shame. I would like to take the opportunity to thank management for dispatching Brek Shea and bringing in some excellent defense men. Now if they can just 86 Poo Poo for some one who exerts himself and doesn't run like a girl with her arm flying left and right instead of up and down. Such a useless pretty boy. I'd rather have Marta.

No comments: