Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Mama Mia's Pizzeria, Orlando

I had the two slice lunch special at this pizzeria near Hoffner on South Orange today. It cost $5. Two slices and a soda. The pizza was ok. It was probably day old and the cheese mix they used is bad (oily and curd like), but, it was thin. The crust was bone dry (day old I hope). They let you have a topping topped slice(s) at this price. They also do calzones, stromboli, wings, salads, subs and pasta. It's in a cute little round space. The pizza maker was a woman. Not sure if  I have seen many of those now that I think on it. If they improved the quality of the raw materials, they could have a nice pie. As it is, it is an ok NYC style approximation. They have been there since 1996. They say Orlando, but, I think it's Fern Park.

I have to apologize for the lack of reviews. It seems like every place on my list isn't as open as The Orlando Weekly et al would have you believe. Just wiffed on Mezo (a Med place that was supposed to be open in Baldwin Park) and a place in Sanford that I think is called Original that was supposed to be doing lunch. The stupid taco place on Lake Ivanhoe is still not open to the public. The two Asian places in Audubon Park don't seem anywhere near opening.

No comments: