Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Avenue Grill, Altamonte Springs

I got a gyro lunch special to go at this Greek restaurant on the way to Lake Brantley High School (off 434) Wednesday. It came with fries and a soda. The soda was the best and then the fries and then the gyro. The fries were crinkle cut. Pretty crisp. I think they steamed in the container. The gyro was bad. A thick, almost raw pita with pre-formed meat (unknown origin) covered with limp veggies and a pasty sauce. They said that they don't do enough business to have a rotating loaf to carve from. Chicken or egg? They also said that places that do just chuck that lump into a refrigerator every night and they don't want to do that. Not sure I'm going to order gyros anymore. The meal was cheap though. $6 - I think. They also do some dishes I'd be scared to order based on this sampling. Salmon, kabob and things I hope they misname (sound Chinese) like chicken/shrimp rice and stir fry. I think they said they opened seven months ago. The place used to be a pizza place.

No comments: