Friday, April 3, 2020

Beacon, New Smyrna Beach

I believe I tried this place years ago. However, it must have been pre-blog. I bought a turkey club to go yesterday at lunch for $8. It comes with cole slaw and French fries. Not that you will be able to act on this because of Gove(imprison)nor DiSpineless. The sandwich was ok. The turkey was pre-sliced garbage. The bacon was good. The fries were crinkle cut and starch coated. I hate starch coating. The cole slaw was minced slop. That said, it's basically just a Greek diner near the beach side of Flagler. The menu is priced very low. Only one thing over single digits. They have breakfast, lunch and dinner items. Not a ton of parking. It seats about forty. It has been there for around fifty years. Fine for a diner type experience. Décor is oldish. Service was polite and quick.

*I have one place more to post about after this. I tried some places in Sanford today, but, they were all closed. I don't think I'll be risking my health further because I can't really drive to any place that I haven't tried yet. In the next post I'll tell you about an area of the state I was pulled back from on Wednesday that is really nice and you should visit when Trump's supporters start bitching and get him and then Spineless to relax travel restrictions.

No comments: