Monday, October 23, 2023

Grub Crawl - Altamonte Springs and Sanford: Paris Banh Mi and Pa'lla Voy

I tried the first last Tuesday night. It is in the strip mall on 436 just off I-4. North side. The second is on Rinehart Rd over by the Wal-Mart and Hertz location. I went there for lunch on Wednesday.

Paris Banh Mi- I was unaware that this a chain. I reviewed the Mills location in 2019. I'm only re-reviewing it because I liked the Pate Chaud at $3.36. It was a pastry filled with pork. I also liked the shredded chicken banh mi.  They put pate on that. $8.21. Not sure why they added those weird cents to the listed prices. Opened a year ago. Lots of desserts too. They put all of their meats on baguettes, croissants or burgers (burger buns). 

Pa'lla Voy - It means "I'm going there". Not sure if it's based on a Marc Anthony song. I had two chicken empanadas to go for $3.50 a pop. Pretty good. They made them fresh. Potato, carrot and peppers also. Nice menu. Things like: chicharron de cerdo, mofongos, soups, eight sandwiches, juices, desserts, picadillo de res, cuajito con guineo (chicken gizzards), roasted chicken, fried chicken, roasted pork, beef hash, hamburgers, fried cod, sides, etc. A special each day (ie albondigas or carne re res guisada (beef stew). You can also go down the "buffet line" route.. They also sell merch New look. White. Rectangular. Mural of Puerto Rico on right wall. Food on the left. I'll go back for a real meal. Nice find. Might be closed on Sunday.

*It looks like whatever bot/ai craziness there was is over. Views back to usual levels.

No comments: