Thursday, April 11, 2024

240 Rose Cafe, Winter Park

I tried this breakfast/lunch restaurant on Pennsylvania Ave near the old Coop on Friday at lunch. I believe I went here in May 2016 when it was the Canopy Cafe. Similar offerings. Maybe a bit fancier. Seemed to be female Latin run. I had a Cobb Salad for $18 because I was full fro dinner and getting on a plane. It was average. The wrong base. Frisse and arugula are not the right leafy veg. Too bitter and wispy. They also gave way to little dressing. Egg, bacon, tomato, blue cheese, avocado and chicken were fine. Raw onion is also something unwelcome in a Cobb. The menu is pricey. I think the cheapest thing was $13. They had typical breakfast fare and chic pastries (from elsewhere). Burgers, sammies and salads for lunch.  Most in high teens+. The place is cute. Pink fake corsage wall inside. Only four tables there. Four more outside. And maybe eight in an open patio. Some parking. Service was fine. A little slow. I stopped here after I saw Omo was only dinner on certain nights and didn't want to face anymore traffic. I thought it had changed hands and I should verify. The waitress thought they had taken over two or three years ago. Your girlfriend will like it.

No comments: