Monday, September 29, 2008

Hollerbach's Willow Tree Cafe, Sanford

I stopped here today because I had business in the area. I had the pork loin with potato salad and sauerkraut (which they let me switch to the cucumber salad) for $12.60. The loin was more like honey baked ham. Three slices and cloud of dull. The potato salad was stewed in a sugary vinegar - gross. The cucumber salad was sliced too thick. I think the waitress said it was watered down ranch dressing. Now lets get this straight. I'm part German and I accept that German cuisine is near the bottom of the barrel, but, they can't even get it to be authentic grool. The clientele is always the ugliest in the county. The setting is ugly. No thought is given to aesthetic concerns. They let people blow smoke in you face. The prices are high for their lunch counter quality fare. The wait staff was courteous, but, not exactly effusive with the advice or attentive. I would say it was beyond explanation why this is the number 1 restaurant in old town, but I've learned not to underestimate the stupidity of locals.

I would advise them to drop prices by 20% or improve quality and execution. Do something with your atrocious patio area. You have walls spliting the view and horrible furniture.

No comments: