Monday, March 23, 2009

Club Crawl - Brix (Closed) and Sky 60

9pm-12pm: Brix. Nothing new. OK crowd. They all left before 12. *They are no longer on Rewards Network.

12pm-1:30am: Sky 60. Pretty empty until 1am. I only stayed because while walking around Orange I saw that this night was a lost cause. I chose this spot because it had been a while and it's outside. I didn't want to waste one of the last cool nights we have left. The place reached it's usual quota of beaners early on. They love that Miami Beach linen cabana exterior. It became more mixed later on. I think there was a high school reunion of girls from Lakeland or Winter Haven going on. You can always spot the trailer park hair and clothes. It was uncomfortable to see the needy prom queen running around taking photos with everyone (even the dweebs who seemed uncomfortable to finally get an audience with the mean girls). Not that the girls were pretty. Just "Winter Haven pretty" I guess. The (1!) bar was a complete joke. It took over 20 minutes to get a drink when there were only about 20 people there. I didn't dare try once it went past 21. It's a sin that they can charge a cover for this place. But, I think it's the only incentive you have to stay so they must need it. My favorite patron was the aging Latina in knee high boots (have they been out so long that they're back in?) doing a tranced out, waving her arm behind her back like she was dispersing fart odor dance. She was doing the requisite left right dance that seems to be the only sanctioned move that her race allows. Tune into Univision or imagine some shitty trumpets playing a polka if you want to experience what I'm talking about. It makes the white man's overbite seem inventive in comparison.

No comments: