Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hugo Joe's, Oviedo

I had lunch at this restaurant on West Broadway on Friday. I had the French Dip because I didn't feel like carbs or grease. It was the special and it was $6.99. I was astounded by how much I liked it. All the ingredients were fresh. I was a little suprised to see melted cheese on top of the beef. But, it didn't ruin the sandwich. It came with mixed vegetables (my choice of side). Only the brocolli was over cooked. It had yellow carrots! Pretty atypical for such a place. The service was prompt (and cute). The decor was a little bar roomish. They had some interesting Swiss entrees and some seafood (oyster po boys!). I believe the spot used to be Frankies and more recently - Victorio's (that what the receipts still say). The crowd was very local.

No comments: