Thursday, April 29, 2010

Izakaya Toshi, Altamonte Springs

On Wednesday I had lunch at this Japanese restaurant on 434 just off 436 (the spot where there was a Hotties for five minutes). I had their 3 Roll Special for $9. I chose an Alaska (smoked salmon and avocado), a spicy escolar and a Kamikaze (tuna, escolar and salmon). All were ok. They were wrapped a little sloppily. The rice was a little flaky. The rolls were long and thin (8 pieces). The fish was fine. Real salmon is always preferable to smoked. All in all I liked three things about the place and disliked three. I liked the fact; that it was run by Japanese people, the food was ok and the price were in line with most places of this kind. I didn't like; the slow service, the bad decor and the fact that don't take AMEX. The place is old. The furniture is a bit of a melange. It is however conducive to the theme. They have a lot of prep items in eyeshot. Not nearly as fine as the reviewer in the Sentinel described. Not a destination spot. OK if you live or work in the neighborhood. Then again Crazy Buffet is a few feet away and it's all you can eat for a few dollars more.

No comments: