Thursday, June 3, 2010

Il Pescatore, E. 50

I had lunch at this Italian restaurant off 50 on Primrose on Wednesday. I had the meat filled cannelloni for $8.25. I wasn't aware the Chef Boyardee made canelloni. It tasted exactly like their ravioli. There were also only two of them and they were thin. Just as well. It came with a predictably bad salad and garlic bread. The service was fast. The decor was rustic (hand painted murals). It seats about 30 in the side room and 50 in the main room. It looks shuttered from the outside. Too bad it isn't. Why it's called Il Pescatore is a mystery as they had no seafood on the menu. It's everything I hate about Italian restaurants -high prices, bad food, and an ugly setting. I'd liked to say I was shocked that it was half full, but, most people are devoid of sense so it fits.

No comments: