Friday, May 28, 2010

Grub Crawl - Dr Phillips : Scalini's, Bonsai, Le Cafe de Paris

Scalini's: I had lunch at this pizzeria near the end of Dr. Phillips and Windemere. I had their 2 slice lunch special for $5. It's a nice, basic pizzeria. It seats abot 40. It was packed. The owner was cool. Not much too look at. I downgraded to pizza after I saw it was a basic place. The pizza was good - thin, good sauce and cheese. A fresh slice probably would have earned it a better rating.

Bonsai Sushi: I had a yellowtail roll for $6. It's in the same strip as Scalini's. It was good. Most basics adhered to. The fish was a little cartilidged. It's small. It seats abot 30. Prices were about 50% higher than the norm. They were nice.

Le Cafe de Paris: I had a chicken sandwich with black olives. Which was really a very mayonaised chicken salad from a can sandwich. Disappointing. It did have flavor (oil, seasoning). This is more of a deli than a restaurant. In the same complex as the others. Seats about 40. They were nice. Not expensive. They have breakfast.

No comments: