Friday, May 28, 2010

Pub Crawl - I Drive/Sand Lake: Cricketer's Arms, O'Henry's, BB King's, Cuba Libre, Miller's Ale House

Cricketer's Arms: I had a beer at this pub outside the Festival Bay Mall on Friday. The bartender was a dick. It had some people. Not people you would want to have in your home. Do people really need to socialize so badly that they are willing to pay 10x the cost of retail booze for the pleasure of knowing other people exist in their town? This is why I never feel bad for the poor. They just piss away money stupidly.

O'Henry's: I would never EAT at one of these chain abominations (Beef O'Brady's, Houligans, etc). I mean who has concluded that making something sound Irish increases it's gastronomic allure? Probably someone who doesn't know what that term evinces. I did have to get it off my "to do" list so I grabbed a drink there. The place was empty at 10pm. It looked like every other Stonewood, etc. They have a cute bartender. Russian of all things. Why are there no Russian restaurants here? We have an Icelandic, a Ethiopian, etc.

BB King's: I had a beer at this spot on I Drive. Great spot. However, I felt like I had crashed a Black Wedding party. Mostly empty at 10:30pm.

Cuba Libre: Nice spot. A little Epcot-y. In the same complex as BB King's. I felt like I crashed a Cuban Wedding Party. Mostly empty at 11pm. Bartender was so disinterested I couldn't let myself wait.

Miller's Ale House: See above. I felt like I crashed a pay per view party. Which it was. MMA = dude fest. Still full (of sausage) at 11:30pm.

No comments: