Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mayfair Country Club, Lake Mary

Yesterday I had lunch at this 19th Hole at the Mayfair Country Club on 46A in between I-4 and 417. I had a Club Sandwich for $9. It was what you'd expect from a working man's golf course snack bar. The cheese was Kraft. The turkey and ham were supermarket brand. The lettuce - iceberg. The tomato - beefsteak. The bread - Wonder. You get the picture. It came with fries (mostly crisp). The place is a notch below nice. Nice view of the course but a little aged. The windows were dirty. It seats about 100 in 4 tops. There were two other people there. They only ordered fries because most of the menu was unavailable due to a family emergency with the purchasing manager. The service was alright once I made myself known as a customer. All in all I thought the menu was about 30% too expensive for what they offer. Especially for a club that I believe was running a $89 yearly membership special. However, If you want a change and a nice view or are unable to go elsewhere in between 18 holes, you could do worse. I believe they have a cheap ($10) dinner special on the weekends.