Saturday, January 22, 2011

Metro Burger, Lake Mary - Closed

I had lunch last Thursday at this build your own Burger restaurant in Lake Mary across from the now (Thank God) defunct Carlos and Charlie's. I had a 1/3rd pound burger with French fries and a Soda for $9. I tried Blue Cheese, Fried Onion Strips, Mushrooms and Corn and Black Bean Salsa. I stripped off the last two because they wouldn't blend but I wanted to try them. The Blue Cheese was plentiful. The Onions were sparse and stale. The Mushrooms were too finely chopped. The Salsa was fine. The Burger itself was overcooked (I didn't notice a spot on the order form for this most important request). I know it was overcooked because...here we go again... it was tough, had no juice and was flattened to look like Ireland. Another burger another ham handed, douche bag who thinks he can suppress the laws of Physics by smashing the patty into the grill. You would think that at a place that only does burgers that they could master this concept. Put it on the the grill. Don't touch it. Flip it when 2/3rds of the way done. Don't touch again. The bun was good. It was buttered. The fries were half crisp and half limp. They were long cut and thick. The portion was huge. I think the owner dropped a log when I walked by with the plate. They were too salty. As was most everything. It is my most vivid memory - salt. The place is medium sized. It looks a little worn for being brand new (bad contracting). It has an open blueprint. You walk down an alley created by a half wall and pick up your form. You then sit in one of the four tops after collecting your beeper. You then go to the back and pick up your order. The front is windowed. They have Flatscreens showing ESPN on the walls. That's about it. No servers or tableware to critique. There were maybe 10 people there. It seats about 100. Management was scaring away looky-loos by being too aggressive at the door. It's ok. Probably won't make the rotation.

No comments: