Thursday, June 9, 2011

Melissa's Chicken and Waffles, East Colonial

I stopped at this bright orange food truck at the Chevron on East 50 near Vietnam town on Wednesday. It is in the spot that is also home to The Crooked Spoon food truck. I was looking for some secret Taiwanese restaurant that I though was in an Asian market on East Colonial, but, is in fact on West Colonial. I had chicken and waffles for $7. Even though I have a soft spot for food trucks, I have to say I felt the fried chicken tasted like it was fried in old/rancid oil. The waffle was good. Not too sweet. I also have issue with the prices. They serve 4 little blocks of chicken and one waffle. It's about 100% too expensive. A waffle with nutella and peanut butter is even $5. Waffles top out at $9. In any case, it's your money. Don't let me scare you away. They serve about 5 types of waffles daily. They are there M,Tu, W, & Sa. See what you think.

No comments: