Monday, February 23, 2015

Pub Crawl - Altamonte Springs: Miller's Ale House and World of Beers

I am only publishing this because I hate World of Queers so much. I went there Saturday night.

Miller's Ale House - Packed for dinner. They have a decent craft beer selection now.

WOB - I went here to see if this location had also done away with printed menus with prices. They have. It's still that terrible app that can't even sort beer by state. Of course they are too embarrassed to list their ridiculous mark ups ahead of time. And now they have gone overboard with the pretension. They now serve the same draft beer (am I even getting what you say) different ways. It is supposed to taste different depending on how the pour it (if they are doing that right). Whatever they are doing, I have never had a worse Pilsner Urquell. It tasted like Bud Light (was it?). It was flat and watery. It cost an outrageous $8. They didn't even give me back the coin part of my expected change. Isn't that theft?  I like craft beer and take it seriously, but, they are pathetic. And it's all done to raise profit margins not out of love for the craft. These places are always empty. How do they stay afloat? Oh yeah - they rip you off.

No comments: