Monday, February 23, 2015

Tandoori Flame, Longwood

I went to this new Indian place (replaced the old Indian place - Sizzling Grill) on 434 last night. It's near Max and Meme. I was going to skewer this place like the beef kabob in naan that I ordered, but, the food was good. The kebab (ground beef) "wrap" cost $10. slightly privacy. It was freshly made and had a nice white sauce and decent spice and veg (l, t and o). The naan was fresh and home made. The skewering was contemplated by the fact that they did nothing to the decor, tables were unbused, the buffet looked coagulated, and the chef made me wait a half hour for the wrap even though I was the only customer. He was finishing a catering commitment. The place is Northern Indian (Pakistani). I would assume that they are Muslim (by the menu and the fact that someone was downloading a song of what I think was a slow motioned recording of some poor guy getting his nuts squeezed) if that colors whom you think deserves your tainted infidel money. The menu has a few infidel dishes (hamburger, cheese steak) and the prices range from $7 to $17. It's basically the same experience under new management. Quality seemed to be good. You can buy the buffet to go per pound. It was limited and like I said it didn't look good by Sunday night. The place was empty. I think they said they have been open for three months.

No comments: