Friday, March 18, 2016

Cork and Fork, OIA Area (Closed)

I tried this American Grill (Conway and Hoffner) last week on my way out of town. It replaced a Cajun place (Bayou something) that was similarly mediocre. I heard about the change via the Edible magazine. I've lost respect for them because of that. It's exactly the same place with different owner. They didn't change a thing to the decor. It even has the same finger prints on the seats. Cleaning crew, anyone? The menu is now derivative pub fare. I had 10 wings because the menu was so duplicative. They cost $10. They were ok. I had gastro-intestinal problems about six hours later. Not sure if it was their fault or Jersey Mike's. I can't posit any reason to make a trek here. They think mass market craft beer is acceptable. Their wine list is similarly pedestrian. The only reason to eat here is because you live here and the options are few. The tail end of a fad. Fork the cork. $3 soda!

No comments: