Tuesday, April 12, 2016

U Roll, Orlando

I had a pre-lunch at this Subway-like Japanese place on 50 in between 436 and 417 on Saturday. They also have a place in the Artegon Mall on I Drive. Not much to report back on. The place is an old fast food place (probably a Pizza Hut) in a shitty neighborhood. The mix and match furniture is just acceptable enough not to be an embarrassment. It seats about seventy. It was next to empty. The main problem with the salmon and avocado roll I ordered was the rice. Terribly over vinegared. It cost $6. Not much difference in what you get here and the supermarket. The fish you choose (small selection) can also be placed in a salad or rice bowl. They also have some hot dishes that range from the typical Japanese apps to Pad Thai. It has been open for a year. I was worried that I would have to prepare my food. Now I'm disappointed. Fix the rice my brothers. Pass.

No comments: