Monday, April 18, 2016

Park Cafe and Bakery, Winter Park (Closed)

I just grabbed a cookie at this "kiosk" on New England in Hannibal Square on Saturday because this spot is always in flux and I had already had lunch and I wasn't hungry and the menu was boring and Mediterranean. It was an oatmeal cookie with dried strawberries and cheese cake icing on top. It was fine. It cost $1.50. The manager said they bake them. The menu was smallish. The real question is will anyone pay $15 for their lunch special. I think it is the only item (besides sweets) that is more than a side dish or pita. It seems to be a major part of their business model. Hopefully, they come up with some interesting items. They do some breakfast items too. Not sure if that is every day. Drinks too. They didn't change a thing (can't really) from the place they replaced. Just outdoor seating. Parking is a pain. I believe it opened a month ago.

1 comment:

evan said...

I believe same family as Shish.co.

Get a Simit (turkish bagel) with cream cheese and a turkish coffee that will put a new hair on your chest.