Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Magnolia Cafe, Eustis

I grabbed a quick snack to go at this spot on 19 just north of 441 on Sunday. I saw it previously when I went to that diner in Eustis. It was called Olivia's Coffe House then. It has been this for a year. It was on the Sentinel list. They serve comfort style breakfast and lunch. I would guess a lady runs it. It has a feminine vibe.They have things like smoked salmon pate, baked brie, edamame, hummus and quiche for the aristocracy and meatloaf melts, chicken salad, roast beef pancakes, eggs, biscuits and chili for the proletariat. I just wanted to x it off the list, so, I chose an apple cobbler. It cost $3.  If they made it themselves or not, it was good. They said they were adding more baked goods soon. I believe they said "in house" as in made there. It is near the east end of the lake. One block down from 19. There is a little old timey town there with a few restaurants and a park on the lake. The place itself is in an old building. It has character. There are two rooms. They have cute girls working there. It closed at three pm on Sunday. It was two thirty when I got there, so, it was almost empty.

No comments: