Monday, April 18, 2016

The Outpost Neighborhood Kitchen, College Park - Moved to Maitland City Center - Closed

I ate lunch at this comfort food/gastro pub on an old Dunkin Donuts location on Edgewater Dr Saturday. It has been there for about a year. I have not. Evidently. I had the Buffalo Shrimp Benedict for $12 because they only serve brunch on the weekends. It was pretty good. The poached eggs didn't make the transition from the pot to the muffin without splitting though. The yolks seemed very fresh (orange). The shrimp were mostly breading. The muffin was under toasted. The potatoes were good. The hollandaise was pleasant. If they fix the fixable and use fatter shrimp and less breading, I think they'll have something worthwhile. A soda was $2. They had reasonably priced pancakes, waffles, etc. This was one of the "fancier" items. The regular lunch menu runs the gamut from peel and eat shrimp to chicken and waffles. Burgers, sammies, salads, etc. Oddities like boiled peanuts. I guess we are sensing a Southern theme here. Most items are in the low double digits. Dinner tops out at $20. Same things plus a Low Country Boil, pot pie, ribeye and roast chicken. It seats about twenty on the patio and twenty inside. The patio was full. The inside had one full table. Possibly because the AC was on too high. It is decorated in gastropub style. They serve booze. Service was good. Dedicated parking in the back. Glad I did a check up of the neighborhood. I found that a bistro that replaced the Mexican place next door and saw that the Irish pub is now a Rusteak. And an offshoot of Armando's (I assume from Winter Park) is in the corner slot of that condo. I will hit up the bistro soon. They don't do Satur - "days". I have already been to the original locations of the other two.

*Supposedly they will keep this spot open until the Fall 2019.

No comments: