Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Grub Crawl - UCF Area: South Philly Steaks and Kung Fu Tea

I had a cheese steak and a tea at these two neighbors in the strip mall near the 4 Rivers on University (Collegiate Way) on Saturday.

South Philly Steaks - They have been there for over four years. I had a half classic for $5. It was fine. I didn't get what was so special about the brand of bread they found so important. It was nothing special. It rarely is. The "steak" was grilled and came with onions and wiz. The wiz was overly salty as usual. Football nacho type cheese. The place has lots of Philadelphian sports iconography. They also sell burgers, sausage sandwiches and fries. It seats about thirty.

Kung Fu Tea - They opened a month ago and it appears they are also in Gainesville and Tampa. It's one of these Hello Kitty drink places. I had a Honey Tea for $3. It was too sweet even after I diluted it twice. They also have punches, milk tea, yogurt, slushes and sweets. You can add things like boba to your drink. It looks nice. It's just not my demo. There is also direct competition in the area.


No comments: