Thursday, April 21, 2016

IPho2 Noodle House, Maitland

I grabbed a Pho to go today before I realized this was an outpost of the IPho in Lake Mary. I almost walked out, but, I had jacked myself up for Pho for days and I wasn't dealing with any more of that Winter Park traffic to find some. I believe I said in my first review that the I was for Immodium. This time it was better. I'm not sure if they wouldn't have fouled up a rice dish again. However, the soup passed. I had a steak pho for $9. Everything was packed raw and I reboiled it at home. The steak was sliced thin and all meat. The noodles, sprouts, jalapenos, basil, parsley, scallion and onions were all fresh. I got three bowls out of the serving. Bowl one I did without the black and red paste. I think that is a tamarind or damn it what is that Chinese paste - Hoisin? I think the red is a pepper or tomato paste. Maybe a thick sriracha. Same difference. I liked it better pasteless. I would have appreciated it if they had mentioned the Thursday Pho special at $6 when I ordered. It just happened to be Thursday. Or Thirstday - hanh, hanh. The place replaces that Brown's NY Deli in that strip mall where Shish.co is. N. Orange. It looks clean and new. They have hand penciled village scenes of Vietnam on the walls. White walls. It seats about sixty. Little brother may (may) have given big brother a reprieve. They have the full Vietnamese menu.

No comments: