Monday, September 4, 2017

Daytona Pig Stand, Ormond Beach

This one is kind of at the edge of our community, but, I'll add it for beach goers and I-95ers because it is hard to find a place that is close to the highway on your way to Jacksonville and beyond. I had a brisket sandwich with a side (potato salad) for $8. It was good. Better 'que than 4Rivers has been serving up lately. I had to convince them not to mutilate (chop) it though. They still didn't serve it exactly right. The potato salad was excellent and plentiful. Another improvement over 4Rivers' tiny cups. I thought the place might be a shack based on the billboards. It was a nice, big, log cabin-y place that you would expect from a bank rolled chain. They said they have been there for ten years. It looked brand new. Now I'm pissed that I have passed right by so many times. I forget which exit it is off, but, the cross road is US 1 and it is after the main exits of Daytona Beach (ie LPGA Blvd). It is on the south bound side of 95 near a Harley dealership. They serve the usual bbq items.

No comments: