Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Oh My Gyro, Longwood

I had a gyro at this Middle Eastern fast-casual place on 434 yesterday. It replaces around a half dozen other places (mostly Indian) at this location (before Max and Meme or Ali Baba from I-sore). The gyro was excellent. I went because it was listed in a Weekly's list of ten under $10. They were right on. The meat was savory and fresh. The vegetables (T,O,L) were beyond fresh. The tzatziki was nice. The pita was warm and fresh. They give you more taztziki and a lethal hot sauce on the side. If I compare it to the last couple of gyros I've reported back on, it's like crescent moon and day. And it only cost $6.49. You can also chintz on a can of soda for $1.25 or get a fountain drink at $2. You can also make it a special (fries and drink) or make it a platter (rice and salad) for a few bucks more. I think it was just meat or chicken available. But, they also serve steak, kabobs, hamburgers and I think I remember some American things like nuggets (don't quote me). They did next to nothing to the decor. Even the art work is from the last guy. It's a service-less experience. You order. You pick up. You clean up. It seats about sixty and was feeding about sixteen people while I was there. It has been open since October. I'm mad I missed out for so long. I would eat here once a week if I lived closer. I think they charge $10 for a way worse gyro at that place in Lake Mary (Paramount).

*I also grabbed some brisket from 4Rivers on my way back to I-sore. They really aren't very good anymore. This brisket was under cooked. Little flavor or smoke ring. A rush job. I think this is the sixth time in a row that they disappointed me (different meals), so, it isn't an over-reaction. It's a trend. They over-expanded and do too many things. It's obituary time.

No comments: