Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Pie, College Park

I popped in here for lunch about a week ago. It's in that strip mall to the right of the condos near Princeton. Parking is in the back. It is an Italian fast casual spot that specialized in Roman style pizza (a cross between Sicilian and Neapolitan). I resisted the slice and soda special at $8 for a Margarita and a Meatlover twin bill (so I could report on more for you people). That made the total (with soda) $10. The slices (taglio) were ok. A "meat lovers" consists of  ham, prosciutto, mortadella, pepperoni, salami, sausage and meatball. I'm not sure I recognized all those flavors. Seeing them in print makes me surprised that I sampled all of those ingredients. I do recall that I wasn't wowed by the quality. Not bad. But, understandably, average. I mention it because I don't want you to think that this is a high end spot because of the sloganeering. And it's not like they add a full serving of all those meats. You just get more variety. Which is why I usually avoid a meat lovers. In general, I guess a slice is worth $4. If a regular slice runs $2 then this is probably two times as big. One slice is enough for most people. A bit odd that a plain slice costs as much as a topped one. Maybe fair if you are looking at it from the "toppings please" side of it. They also do full pies (up to $17), sandwiches, calzones, salads, deserts (2) and a few apps (5). All under $10. They are open for lunch and dinner all week. They even opened a little early for me. The place seats about forty. They have large murals on the wall and the seats and tables are functional. It is fine for a quick bite and they do have the concession on Roman style pizza in CF. They have been open for a month or so and have already changed hands. A Brazilian man owns it now.

No comments: