Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Austin's Buffet, Longwood

I tried this new buffet (one month) on 434 today at lunch. It replaces an Asian buffet and before that a Long Horn Steakhouse or something similar. The decor inside is western. I can't remember if the Asian place colored in around it or if these guys added it back. The place wasn't changed that much. It cost $11 and a soda was $2.50. They don't leave a line on the bill for tips. You are expected to leave them in cash. The food was average. It seems to have a different concentration each day. Today must have been Southern. It was mostly fried fish and poultry. I tried the fingers, fried chicken, fried chicken livers, fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, turkey, rolls, brownies, potato salad and salad. Nothing was particularly outstanding. The bread (the make it and probably the desserts in house) was yeasty and dense. I think it wasn't proofed or baked long enough. The brownie was not very chocolaty. I would say that the pork chop was the best. They also had two soups, a variety of sides, a quesadilla, a salisbury steak, fried fish and a few other things. If I'm in this area, I'd rather spend $8 at Koy Won sushi and worry less about the calories. This is like a Golden Corral. They open at 12pm (late for lunch?) and serve dinner. At least it isn't a vacant waste of space any longer. I'm sure it is some people's cup of tea.

No comments: