Saturday, January 26, 2019

1000 Degrees, Lake Mary

I tried this new assembly lime pizza chain on International Parkway (next to the poke place I just reviewed) on Thursday. It opened ten days ago. It's like Blaze (and probably like the California chain Midici that awaits a visit) et al. You line up. You select a size and toppings. You are served. I tried two pies for posterity. A ten inch (also available in fourteen inch and roman) gluten for $9 and classic margherita for $8. I chose the signature marinara sauce for both. Shredded mozzarella with sausage, pepperoni, onion and mushrooms on the first. Fresh mozzarella and basil on the other. They were fine. The mushrooms were a bit grimy. The sauce tasted like Chef Boyardee. The sausage was made up of those goose shit looking pellet droppings. However, the crust was mainly chewy (the first half of my first pie was dry) and the pie thin. The fresh mozz pie was a bit soggy. I was surprised by how much they put on and how much surface area they covered. The pep was Hormel like, but, ok. The onions were fresh. We can all agree that they could source better, but, there is a profit to be made and I don't think we come here for that. I do wish they would attend that sauce. That can be remedied cheaply and effortlessly. it is the preeminent sauce. I stopped at those topping, but, there are no limits. They have eight meats and cheeses and sauces and sixteen veggies to choose from. They prepare eight pies for instant ordering. They are a dollar more. They have five salads ($8) and two types of wings and breadsticks and two desserts. Beer and wine (?) too. The place looks new. It is new. And modern. and clean. They even offer up knives and forks. Fountain and bottled sodas. It's not a bucket list item, but, it is an option. The line was a dozen or so deep for the duration of my meal. HQ is in Galloway NJ.

No comments: