Sunday, October 6, 2019

Byblos, Lake Mary

I tried this Paramount replacement in the shopping center with the Amstar theater yesterday at lunch. I was assured by the owner (as I left) that the food would be excellent. I guess that warranty didn't include food poisoning. Which is a shame because it tasted pretty good. However, I'm not about to give them credit for furthering what is becoming a birthday tradition. At least this time I was at home when the excitement ensued and not walking back from Octoberfest. I had three apps to try and sample as much as possible. The hummus with beef shwarma ($8), the hummus with lamb (bel lahme) ($10) and the chicken livers at ($7). I'm not sure what is to blame. I ate the shwarma for lunch and didn't feel any discomfort. Which is odd because it was the first carving of the day and who knows how they store the meat. Maybe it was a delayed fuse. The other two I nuked for dinner after being in the fridge. The nuking should have killed any microbes and the fridge kept it fresh. Anyhow, I'm not sure how much additional information I should proffer for a place that ruined my birthday and caused me much pain. They have been open for six months. It looks exactly the same (down to the broken video menu). The prices seemed the same. The menu is almost the same. Now Lebanese. The main difference seems to be a carefree attitude towards germs. I won't be going back.

*The Cozee place next door is closed too.

No comments: