Saturday, January 16, 2021

Osphere, Downtown

 First a little house cleaning. In the last post I realized that I was guilty of lazy journalism. A better journalist would have listed the mayor as Bluddy Dyer-ia and the head nurse as Raul Pino-chet. I promise better self-editing in the future.

I tried this replacement for some short lived Italian joint (and Spice before that ) about a week and a half ago at lunch. I had some ready cash from voting the night before in Georgia. And you thought they paid well to protest. First Greg Pitts gave us the O Face (Office Space). Now these guys have given us the O Sphere. They did zero to the look. Four tables of two ate while I was there. One waitress. One chef. You would think it was a disaster. You'd be wrong. I had a very decent cheeseburger and fries for $14. I was too nervous to order any of the "harder" to prepare meals. Now the burger was well done and I asked for medium rare, but, it was still ok. The meat quality and size was good. It was topped with a thin slice of tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded onion and some kind of mayo based spread. The american cheese they used reminded me of some cheese I love for burgers. Not sure what brand it is. The buttered bun was good too. It came with half a plate of fries. Some were crisp, but, most were not quite there. If I wasn't flying out the next day, I would have bagged them and had snacks for three days. The plating was good. Most things were centered on the bun. The menu was mostly American. Tuna tartare, chicken, steak, crisp pork sandwich, grouper, etc. It's not anything grammy, but, it seems like they still care. If you just want a "normal" meal, you could do alot worse. They opened one year ago. I stayed away because I presumed they would go under. They have survived. They must have some following. Give them a try. Across from Publix.

*I saw that the old Shari space down the road had a sign that said Ootoya coming soon. See review of Altamonte Springs location. Also, there is supposed to be a Filipino place opening down there by the Kadence people. On the NE corner of the lake a Persimmon Hollow replaced a bread place. 

No comments: