Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Grub/Pub Crawl - Eustis and Mount Dora: Wolf Branch Brewing Co, Cheese To Share and Ceviche Express

I stopped at these places on my way back into town on Sunday night. The first is on North Bay Street (SR 19) in Eustis. There are two areas in Eustis. This is in what I think they consider the old town. North of 441. The next two are in downtown Mount Dora. In a new (I think right as Covid hit) marketplace they made in the space that I thought I was going to be trying a new restaurant in. The space has had a few iterations. One was an Icelandic place. They have opened up the floor plan and married it to the space next door to make a marketplace. In addition to the two I tried, they list these as tenants: Feast Paninis, Shadrach's Pizza, Empanada, Lampe Berger, Mediterranean & Coffee Kitchens, Fun Ko Poke, Handlebar Lounge, Beruit Bites, Claire's Creperie, French Flair, Sweeties Bakery, Cava Wine Bar, European Breads, Caffe Kitchen. Some of these may not be food places or no longer in business. Most spots had closed for the night and I took some blurry pictures of some signs that listed these tenants.


Wolf Branch Brewing Co - They also had a space in the market at Mt Dora. This is the original. Smallish space. They only had four of their own beers. They were average. Peach Blonde Ale, Rauchbier and NE IPA. They also had a sour I avoided. $8 for three beer flight.

Cheese To Share - Cheese platters, fondue and few other things. I had tequenos to go for $10. Only 5. Baked. Pretty bad and too expensive. Just a half of a string cheese in a blanket. Fondue was $25. That seems high. Platter was $20. Didn't see quality of the product. Place has a Latin feel. They said they have been there for two years. But, I was last there during the lock down and this marketplace didn't exist then. 

Ceviche Express - I had the small Express. It was mahi and shrimp. It cost $17. It was one of the better ceviches I've had in a while. Tender, fresh mahi. Fresh shrimp. Fresh avocado, tomato and onion. Large portion. Oddly, I just went to the market in Winter Garden today and I ate at another ceviche place. The guy there said that this guy was his ex-employee and this space used to be his. He is getting his ass kicked by his ex-employee. The ceviche here was MUCH better and they gave me more. Also comes with corn chips or plantain chips.

*I have two or three (depending if I split one up) posts coming in the next week. Will split my new travel notes into two sections after them.

**In Mount Dora the English spot near the train has moved into a bigger building down the street and a coffee place replaced it.

No comments: