Friday, August 11, 2023

Pho Drive Thru, OBT

I must have some serious brain damage to interrupt my current drunken repose in a secret location to inform you of this mediocre Vietnamese play.  I'm really doing so to hip you to some time sensitive travel info. It will follow.

I had a pork roll and pate banh mi for a ridiculous $10.  Hey, auto correct coding imbeciles! It's not bang mi. And if you correct banh. Why not the mi part? Anyway. Thin, Publix bought baguette. Sloppy with the butter. Not much roll or pate. Veg ok. Fresh. Limited menu. Just around six sammies (not jammies mfers) and two phos. Chicken or beef broths with noodles for $10. You can add the usual meats for up to $8. The place looks like an old fast food restaurant. They tried to spruce it up with some color, but, it looks worn already. A hodge podge of reclaimed, bankruptcy restaurant furniture. It had a few customers at 2pm. Surprisingly mixed crowd. It's at OBT and Central Palm Parkway. That is about half way between I-4 and the mall. You can avoid it. Just go to Chinatown or Mills for better at half the price. Open for around a month.

*OK. If you were interested in England or Scandinavian bargain flights, I think Norwegian Air has become Norse Air. I just booked a non-stop to Gatwick last night on Labor Day+ for $395. It was like $1200 in June. Stockholm and Oslo were around mid-$600s. Connects in London. Dates didn't really matter. It might have been a five day flash sale. So, hurry up. They aren't paying me. I'm too lazy or stupid to monetize. They go all over Europe. FYI - one more post in a few days for the dinner before I left.

No comments: