Sunday, December 24, 2023

Grub Crawl - Mount Dora: Beruit Bites, Munchie's Live BBQ and Dark & Light Cafe

I tried these spots on Wednesday at lunch. They are all in that new "marketplace' on 4th Ave.

Beruit Bites - I tried a $12 Gyro to go. Not shaved meat. Average. Side of hummus. They sell the usual six things (falafel, shwarma, etc). Bare bones cooking tools. No seating. Open for 2 to 3 years. Skipable.

Munchie's Live BBQ - Next to Bites. Open for one year. Original location in Gotha. I'm unsure if they closed that. I had a great bargain with their $6 Lunch Express. One meat and one side and a drink. I chose the curry chicken with yellow rice and a side of beans. I did bbq beans. Probably should have done black. All were good. A bit oily at the bottom of the container. Probably the rice flavoring. Good flavors. Tender chicken. Sweet tea. They also have a few more "Island" type bbq dishes along with all the smoked "American" meats. Lots of sides. Sandwiches were around $9. Platters too. One to two tables. Wood look. Catering.

Dark & Light Cafe - In a different building than the first two. In the rear. Vegan stuff. Argentinian. $13 and over. Bowls, etc. $5 pastries. I tried a $4.25 eggplant empanada. It was good. My first. I think I'm starting to like vegetable stuffed empanadas more than meat. Open for a year.

*I will be posting every other day (some good and/or just opened ones) until the end of the year. Disney Springs in the next one. Plus one more Travel Notes. 

No comments: