Thursday, January 11, 2024

Grub Crawl - Altamonte Springs: Fonda La Petrona and Torchy's Tacos

I tried these spots off 434 last Tuesday at dinner. The first is in a Walmart strip mall on the south side of 436 and 434. It was called San Jose's before. It's way in the back. Look for Backyard Burgers. The second is in the refurbed strip mall on the way to I-4.

Fonda La Petrona - Not food truck La Patrona. Named after a singer. Not sure if it is this Colombian one named La Patrona. Open for two months. Lunch and dinner. I had the Pollo La Petrona for $18. I was tasty. Sliced chicken and mushrooms over yellow rice and smothered in a queso sauce. They also offer up street tacos ($5), birria and other items I don't recall. Limited, basic decor. A big tv. Some murals of those sexy skeleton painted women. You could do worse.

Torchy's Tacos - I just had one egg, cheese and potato taco for $4 because my last meal at another location was disappointing. They helped redeem their honor. They opened two weeks ago. Nice and new. $4-$7 tacos. Burritos, bowls, etc around $10. Beef, chicken, pork, sausage, vegetables. Bar. Tvs. Pretty full. Publix is behind them. This is their first location in CF. 

No comments: