Thursday, January 25, 2024

Grub Crawl - Winter Park and Downtown: Crisp & Green, Jeni's and Bynx

I tried these spots on Monday at lunch. The first two are in the Winter Park Village near Lee Rd. The last is on Church St near Eola. I was trying for other spots that turned out to be closed. These were just poor substitutions.

Crisp & Green - A chain from Minneapolis. I had a make your own bowl for $9. I chose field greens, romaine, grated radish, cukes, cherry tomatoes and radicchio. Ranch dressing. Bland. Small portion size. You can also choose quinoa, wild rice, etc. Acai, smoothies and tea. Bright white look. Modern. Nothing notable or necessary about them.

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream - You know I also have little need for a place like this. Especially at $6.25 for their small. They give you two 1/2 scoops. I like that. I also liked the ice cram. Alot. I tried Brambleberry Crisp and Gooey Butter Cake. Came with a waffle cone triangle. They also sell pints. Colorful look. Out of Columbus OH.

Bynx - I just grabbed a coffee for $4 because they only had pricy paninis at that point. I wanted more. It's really just a drinks option. Not a destination spot.

*I also tried (and will never again) Sushi Saint near the Marriott. No parking. Won't do take out. I think a hand roll starts at $9. 

No comments: