Monday, December 13, 2010

Apna, Longwood - Closed

I had lunch today at this Indian restaurant on the east side of I-4 on 434 today. I had a Salad with Tandoori Chicken for $8 and a side of Naan for $3. The salad came with tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, onions, and green pepper. They gave it a slight spritz of oil and vinegar. It came with a shot glass of Raita. There was plenty of chicken. It was nicely spiced. A very refreshing meal. They served a complimentary fried crisp (I'm spacing on the name) as an amuse bouche. The place seats about 80. There was only one other diner there (although they have been only open for two weeks and it was really cold today). It's very clean for an Indian restaurant. It even smelled of bleach when I entered. The floor plan is open with four seat tables arranged in a grid. Not much decoration. It seems to be a husband and wife, two person show. There was one waitress and maybe another person in the kitchen (although the husband seemed to be the cook). They have a pretty extensive menu. They said it was kosher. The service was good and she seemed genuinely concerned for the fate of the restaurant. Most lunch specials came with rice or Naan. Some other Indian restaurants have a larger sample on their lunch plates at the same price (10ish). However, I didn't get a look at the portion size to compare. I do recommend it. Even if they don't take American Express. And I would like to have seen if they would have charged me for a refill.

No comments: