Saturday, December 18, 2010

Danny's Broasted Chicken, Lake Mary - Closed

I had lunch at this new Broaster (pressure fried) restaurant next to Tijuana Flats on Lake Mary Blvd on Wednesday. I had a chicken breast for $2, disco (cheese and gravy) fries for $4, and a fish sandwich for $5. The chicken was broasted. I liked the results. It was crispy and juicy. Get ready for a new way to experience chicken Orlando. The fries were also very good. The fries were crinkle cut, crisp and plentiful (a meal in itself). The gravy came in a container if you preferred to abstain. I ate the fish sandwich for dinner and I'm sure the refrigerating and nuking detracted from its potential. However, it was still good. It came on a medium sized sub bun with lettuce and tomato. I though they said it came with tartar sauce. They had tartar sauce in packets by the napkins, so maybe I misunderstood. The place is tiny. It seats about 20. They also serve shrimp and other sides. It is painted red and is decorated with Wisconsin sports memorabilia (love the upside down Favre) and old school pennants. I'm not sure what sports has to do with the culinary concept, but, that's the theme they are branding themselves with. I would have suggested a more generic, regional decor. The have a TV that they say is to occupy you while they make your meal "cooked to order". I didn't really notice the seven minutes they said it took to make the meal. The service was courteous and accommodating. You order at a counter and they bring you the food. As a result you can funnel that tip money into more food. The place seems family run and owned. I would recommend that you abandon one of your trips to Tijuana Flats and give them a go.

No comments: