Monday, December 6, 2010

Boston's Fish House, Winter Park

I had lunch 2 at this Seafood restaurant (behind the Italian Ice Guy on Aloma - east side of 436) last Wednesday. I went for the cheapest thing on the menu (because I had already reviewed their satellite in Sanford and eaten my lunch 5 minutes ago) and ended up with a steal. I had the Mini-Fish Sandwiches. It was two "sliders" of fried fish (Haddock?) in between two well buttered rolls. It came with (I chose) cole slaw (sweet) and a broccoli salad with raisins and bacon. I'm sure it's a NE staple, but, I had never had that. I could have lived without the raisins, but, I loved the broccoli. The fish was well cooked and not oily. It was enough to fill you up on it's own. It all cost $6. To put it in perspective, a bowl of chowder cost around $5. This place (the original) has a lot more charm than the one in Sanford. It has NE nick knacks and a nautical type theme. It seats about 50 inside. It was full. The service was quick. I believe the owner actually works there. I recommend it.

No comments: