Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lime, Sand Lake

I had dinner at this Chipotle knock off in the Whole Foods complex last Wednesday. I had chicken taquitos for $6. They (4) were good. I wasn't expecting them to be unfried, but, it worked. Just chicken and cheese covered with salsa. And therein lay the problem. Either that salsa or the salsa bar selection gave me explosions down below. I know this because I used the remaining salsa the next night and had the same results. Can we all agree to outlaw the salsa bar. It's apparent that you restaurant owner's are not ready to own one. It's a health hazard. In general. Not just here. They all suck. The place is nice. A very tasteful, modern ranch feel. Distressed but clean wood beams and glass walls. It could be on a ridge on top of Camelback Mountain in Arizona. It's big too. It must seat 80 inside and forty outside. The inside is 1/3 kitchen/register, 1/3 open seating, and 1/3rd booths. The furniture is new. It was clean. They said it was part of new chain out of Miami. The concept is like Chipotle (but with many more options). The eco-friendly, socially conscious, sustainable ingredients, recycled materials gimmick. Buzz words that mean nothing to me. However, if you are one of those freaks or just in search of a nice place to have a drink or quick bite, then I point you in their direction. Just stay away from the salsa bar.

No comments: