Saturday, May 7, 2011

Grub Crawl - Mt. Dora : Truly Scumptious, Cupcake Delights, Mount Dora Confectionary, One Flight Up

Last week I drove through Mt Dora on my way out of town and sampled some of their culinary delights.

Truly Scrumptious - I had a chocolate centered cookie for $2 that was excellent. An obscene amount of chocolate that reminded me of chocolate to cookie ratio of the old David's Cookie bakery.

Cupcake Delights - I had a Key Lime Frosted Cupcake for $3 that is better that most Key Lime Pies.

Mount Dora Confectionary - I just got a soda here, but, they had lots of interesting sweets. My spell check says they spell confectionery wrong. But, that's how they spell it.

One Flight Up - I had a chicken salad sandwich here for $8. It was ok. It was described as freshly chopped chicken. It was canned chicken. The place is cute. It has a terrace and three inside rooms/coves around artist's work spaces. It seemed to be the popular local spot.

No comments: